This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.8025 / 51°48'8"N
Longitude: -0.8729 / 0°52'22"W
OS Eastings: 477814
OS Northings: 212136
OS Grid: SP778121
Mapcode National: GBR C1J.VJG
Mapcode Global: VHDV3.TYDM
Entry Name: Chapel at St Johns Hospital
Listing Date: 11 October 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1203986
English Heritage Legacy ID: 42754
Location: Stone with Bishopstone and Hartwell, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP17
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Stone with Bishopstone and Hartwell
Built-Up Area: Stone
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Stone with Dinton and Hartwell
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 71 SE STONE OXFORD ROAD
3/182 Chapel at St. Johns Hospital
Chapel to former Lunatic Asylum. 1850's by D. Brandon. Coursed rubble
stone - local stone to nave and chancel, rockfaced yellow limestone to
transepts tiled roof with wooden bellcote over nave. Cruciform plan.
Early English gothic style with plate tracery windows to W. end and
transept gables, lancets to E. window and paired lights to sides.
Interior: arch braced roofs with quatrefoil openings, forming a corona
at the crossing. Fitting: C18 font of 4 clustered piers with heraldic
Listing NGR: SP7781412136
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings