This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.1815 / 54°10'53"N
Longitude: -2.7217 / 2°43'18"W
OS Eastings: 352994
OS Northings: 476429
OS Grid: SD529764
Mapcode National: GBR 9NF2.KT
Mapcode Global: WH83P.5567
Plus Code: 9C6V57JH+H8
Entry Name: 1-4, the Square (West Side)
Listing Date: 12 February 1962
Last Amended: 22 October 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1204636
English Heritage Legacy ID: 76664
Location: Burton-in-Kendal, South Lakeland, Cumbria, LA6
District: South Lakeland
Civil Parish: Burton-in-Kendal
Built-Up Area: Burton-in-Kendal
Traditional County: Westmorland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria
Church of England Parish: Burton St James
Church of England Diocese: Carlisle
SD 5276-5376 BURTON THE SQUARE
(West side), Burton
6/26 Nos 1-4 (Consecutive)
12.2.62 (formerly listed as
four houses forming
the West side of
Terrace of 4 houses. Late C18 or early C19. Scored stucco with stone
dressings; Welsh slate roof. 3 storeys. 10 bays: sashes with glazing bars.
Nos. 1, 3 and 4 have 9-panelled doors, top 3 panels glazed, Nos. 3 and 4 with
pediments over. No. 2 is entered from under carriage arch, in 4th bay from
left, which has elliptical head, keystone and moulded impost blocks.
Modillioned eaves cornice and 4 chimneys.
Listing NGR: SD5299476429
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings