This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.8434 / 52°50'36"N
Longitude: -1.4044 / 1°24'15"W
OS Eastings: 440213
OS Northings: 327486
OS Grid: SK402274
Mapcode National: GBR 6FX.RQS
Mapcode Global: WHDH7.DSGK
Entry Name: Trent and Mersey Canal Scotch Bridge
Listing Date: 11 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1205892
English Heritage Legacy ID: 83247
Location: Weston upon Trent, South Derbyshire, Derbyshire, DE72
District: South Derbyshire
Civil Parish: Weston upon Trent
Built-Up Area: Weston-on-Trent
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: Weston-on-Trent St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Derby
SK 42 NW PARISH OF WESTON-UPON-TRENT OFF KING'S MILLS LANE
4/260 (West Side)
Canal bridge. 1770 by engineer James Brindley with minor later
repairs. Red brick on rubble stone plinth with stone dressings.
Single segmental brick arch on tapering stone jambs with plain
brick spandrels and parapets, topped by chamfered stone copings.
Walls splay outwards to each end and finish in plain brick
piers. Built as part of the Trent and Mersey Canal.
Listing NGR: SK4021327486
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings