This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.3945 / 53°23'40"N
Longitude: -2.9156 / 2°54'56"W
OS Eastings: 339208
OS Northings: 389020
OS Grid: SJ392890
Mapcode National: GBR 7MT.84
Mapcode Global: WH878.5YV2
Entry Name: Church of Holy Trinity
Listing Date: 28 June 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1206149
English Heritage Legacy ID: 213908
Location: Liverpool, L15
Electoral Ward/Division: Wavertree
Built-Up Area: Liverpool
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Merseyside
Church of England Parish: Wavertree Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Liverpool
SJ 3989 CHURCH ROAD
31/283 Church of
28.6.52 Holy Trinity
Church. Nave and west tower, 1794, J. Hope. Chancel, 1911,
Sir C. Reilly. Stone with slate roof. 5-bay nave. Band over
ground floor, top cornice and parapet with balustrading over
windows. Windows on 2 levels, those to ground floor level
are segmental-headed, those to upper level are round-headed.
Small-paned fixed glazing. West tower has large obelisk -
form buttresses in concrete (probably 1911). West entrance
now window, with round window above. Panels with swags and
diamond-face clock. Truncated spire. Low porch to north.
East end extension similar to rest of Church, has north and
south entrances with windows above with architrave, frieze
and cornice and lattice-pattern glazing. East end has bowed
bay with 3 round-headed windows, and low flanking bays.
Interior has west gallery on quatrefoil iron columns. Stucco
snags below upper windows (originally galleries to sides).
Flat ceiling with central rose. Tower has baptistry with
saucer dome and shallow font on round base. Chancel flanked
by internal porches with flat pilasters becoming antae above
porches. Entrances have pediments and panels supporting urns
with organ pipes behind. Apse has panelled pilasters and
lattice-pattern vault. Early C19 choir stalls, pulpit and
lectern. An unusual and powerful expression of Reilly's
Listing NGR: SJ3920889020
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings