This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.9219 / 51°55'18"N
Longitude: -0.954 / 0°57'14"W
OS Eastings: 472029
OS Northings: 225339
OS Grid: SP720253
Mapcode National: GBR C01.KM2
Mapcode Global: VHDTH.FY0J
Entry Name: Stables for Claydon House
Listing Date: 13 July 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1214707
English Heritage Legacy ID: 399619
Location: Middle Claydon, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, MK18
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Middle Claydon
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: The Claydons
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 72 NW MIDDLE CLAYDON CLAYDON PARK
4/79 Stables for
Stable ranges forming 3 sides of a courtyard. Date of 1754 in
vitreous brick headers to centre. Each range is of chequer-brick
with plinth, upper band course and stone coped parapet ramped up
to central pedimented pavilion. N. and S. pavilions are of
vitreous brick with red brick surrounds and gauged heads to openings
and stone plinth, quoins, springer and keyblocks. E. pavilion
is of red brick with similar stone dressings. Slate roofs.
Pavilions are of 2 storeys with central archway and flanking sash
windows with segmental heads, those to first floor smaller.
Pediments have roundels to centre, each with 4 keyblocks. E.
pavilion has smaller side archways instead of lower windows and
clock turret with slender Doric columns and leaded dome. Pavilions
have 5 single-storey bays to each side withsash windows or doors
with rectangular barred fanlights, 2-storey block attached to
SE corner of stables has cart entry with half-timbered gabled
roof attached to S.
Listing NGR: SP7202925339
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings