This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.6821 / 50°40'55"N
Longitude: -3.2385 / 3°14'18"W
OS Eastings: 312597
OS Northings: 87671
OS Grid: SY125876
Mapcode National: GBR P8.XM1M
Mapcode Global: FRA 4738.N4R
Entry Name: Unitarian Chapel
Listing Date: 12 October 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1215530
English Heritage Legacy ID: 87389
Location: Sidmouth, East Devon, Devon, EX10
District: East Devon
Civil Parish: Sidmouth
Built-Up Area: Sidmouth
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Sidmouth
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SY 1287 1/32 12.10.51.
Corner site at junction with All Saint's Road, Oldest Non-conformist
chapel in Sidmouth, established 1710. Very largely rebuilt, mid to late
C19, owing to the benefactions of the Leigh-Browne family. Stuccoed with
gable end slate roof, bargeboards. Gabled porch. Double pointed window
facing north with rope pattern drip mould, 2 two light east windows with
thin tracery and rope drip moulds over. Octagonal light in east gable.
The interior still has an C18 pulpit with large sounding board also C18
gallery front and clock dated 1767.
Listing NGR: SY1259787671
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings