This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.6753 / 50°40'31"N
Longitude: -3.2465 / 3°14'47"W
OS Eastings: 312020
OS Northings: 86925
OS Grid: SY120869
Mapcode National: GBR P8.C4X3
Mapcode Global: FRA 4729.5AS
Entry Name: Clock Tower
Listing Date: 12 October 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1215955
English Heritage Legacy ID: 401244
Location: Sidmouth, East Devon, Devon, EX10
District: East Devon
Civil Parish: Sidmouth
Built-Up Area: Sidmouth
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Sidmouth
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
PEAK HILL ROAD
SY 18 NW 14/15 12.10.51.
The castellated, partly rendered, flint tower, high walls, steps etc at
the head of Jacobs Ladder , were originally part of the boathouse to an
early C19 house called "Seaview". The house had a sinister reputation
in local tradition but has since been demolished, except for a few walls.
The property was presented to the town by the Duke of Connaught in 1934
and has been laid out as the Connaught Gardens.
Listing NGR: SY1202086925
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings