History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Manor House

A Grade II Listed Building in Manningham, Bradford

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.8084 / 53°48'30"N

Longitude: -1.7728 / 1°46'22"W

OS Eastings: 415055

OS Northings: 434698

OS Grid: SE150346

Mapcode National: GBR JDD.WC

Mapcode Global: WHC98.QJZS

Entry Name: The Manor House

Listing Date: 9 August 1983

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1219012

English Heritage Legacy ID: 337061

Location: Bradford, BD8

County: Bradford

Electoral Ward/Division: Manningham

Built-Up Area: Bradford

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Manningham St Paul and St Jude

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Shipley

Listing Text

1.
5111 ROSEBERY ROAD
Manningham BD8

Nos 21 and 21A
(The Manor House)
SE 1534 NW 28/996

II


2.
Circa 1830 two-storey houses with 3 bay symmetrical front. A rebuild and
enlargement of former outbuildings to the nearby Old Manor House. Sandstone
"brick" with ashlar dressings. Plinth and quoins. Small modillion brackets
to moulded eaves cornice of hipped stone slate roof, corniced flanking chimneys.
Sash windows in ashlar surrounds. Central door of 6 fielded panels, rectangular
fanlight, in ashlar frame with scrolled plain ashlar consoles supporting
cornice and reeded blocking course with quatrefoil corner blocks. Long side
elevations with similar fenetration, the rear part incorporating earlier
outbuildings. Four light square mullion window next to north wing, the gable
end with saddlestone.


Listing NGR: SE1505534698

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description

1.
5111 ROSEBERY ROAD
Manningham BD8

Nos 21 and 21A
(The Manor House)
SE 1534 NW 28/996

II


2.
Circa 1830 two-storey houses with 3 bay symmetrical front. A rebuild and
enlargement of former outbuildings to the nearby Old Manor House. Sandstone
"brick" with ashlar dressings. Plinth and quoins. Small modillion brackets
to moulded eaves cornice of hipped stone slate roof, corniced flanking chimneys.
Sash windows in ashlar surrounds. Central door of 6 fielded panels, rectangular
fanlight, in ashlar frame with scrolled plain ashlar consoles supporting
cornice and reeded blocking course with quatrefoil corner blocks. Long side
elevations with similar fenetration, the rear part incorporating earlier
outbuildings. Four light square mullion window next to north wing, the gable
end with saddlestone.


Listing NGR: SE1505534698

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.