History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Holmes' Butcher's Shop and Number 1 the Market Place

A Grade II Listed Building in Burgh le Marsh, Lincolnshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.1621 / 53°9'43"N

Longitude: 0.244 / 0°14'38"E

OS Eastings: 550124

OS Northings: 365124

OS Grid: TF501651

Mapcode National: GBR LX5.NJC

Mapcode Global: WHJM0.QSD7

Entry Name: Holmes' Butcher's Shop and Number 1 the Market Place

Listing Date: 17 December 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1222681

English Heritage Legacy ID: 418093

Location: Burgh Le Marsh, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, PE24

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey

Civil Parish: Burgh le Marsh

Built-Up Area: Burgh le Marsh

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Burgh le Marsh St Peter and St Paul

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Burgh le Marsh

Listing Text

TF 56 NW
2/18

BURGH LE MARSH
HIGH STREET
(north side)
Holmes' Butcher's Shop and No.1 The Market Place

G.V.
II

Shop with 3 attached houses, now shop with attached house.
c.1800, C20. Red brick. Slate roof hipped to south with single
ridge stack. L-plan. 2 storeys with basement, 5 bay south west
front with plinth and first floor band. Doorway with reeded
doorcase and panelled door. Glazing bar sash with segmental
head, to left, with archway to through-passage, beyond, with
semi-circular head and double plank doors. Plain sash to right
of doorway, inserted in blocked doorway, and with segmental head.
C20 shop front on corner, beyond, with central doorway with
double stable doors and flanking rectangular windows each, in
turn flanked by reeded pilasters and with fixed glazing bars.
Above 2 glazing bar sashes alternate with 2 blind panels, plus
another glazing bar sash to the left, all with segmental heads.
3 bay south east front with plinth with basement opening and
first floor band rising to left over possible blocked opening.
3 steps lead up to doorway to right with segmental head,
overlight and C20 partially glazed door. 2 small glazing bar
sashes above, to left, with segmental heads, that to left being
smaller.

Listing NGR: TF5012465124

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.