History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

South Lodge to Norris Castle

A Grade II Listed Building in East Cowes, Isle of Wight

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »


Latitude: 50.7574 / 50°45'26"N

Longitude: -1.2739 / 1°16'26"W

OS Eastings: 451312

OS Northings: 95559

OS Grid: SZ513955

Mapcode National: GBR 89S.GR9

Mapcode Global: FRA 8762.RJ8

Entry Name: South Lodge to Norris Castle

Listing Date: 17 August 1951

Last Amended: 15 August 2017

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1223286

English Heritage Legacy ID: 418923

Location: East Cowes, Isle of Wight, PO32

County: Isle of Wight

Civil Parish: East Cowes

Built-Up Area: East Cowes

Traditional County: Hampshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Isle of Wight

Church of England Parish: East Cowest St James

Church of England Diocese: Portsmouth

Find accommodation in
East Cowes

Listing Text

East Cowes
South lodge to
Norris Castle
SZ 59 NW 5/73 17.8.51.
Circa 1800. Designed by James Wyatt. Built of ashlar. Two storeys. Three
windows facing north, south and east. Castellated parapet. The centre window
bay of the east front projects with a higher parapet over it. Square-headed
sash windows of 2 lights each on the 1st floor. Windows of 2 lights with pointed
heads on ground floor. The north and south fronts each have a bay with similar
windows. Glazing bars intact. Round-headed doorcase with semi-circular fanlight
divided into 2 pointed panes.

Listing NGR: SZ5131295560

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.