History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of St Mark

A Grade II Listed Building in Oldcotes, Nottinghamshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.3916 / 53°23'29"N

Longitude: -1.1186 / 1°7'6"W

OS Eastings: 458714

OS Northings: 388669

OS Grid: SK587886

Mapcode National: GBR NYM6.MX

Mapcode Global: WHDDV.S0JR

Entry Name: Church of St Mark

Listing Date: 12 April 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1224650

English Heritage Legacy ID: 420568

Location: Styrrup with Oldcotes, Bassetlaw, Nottinghamshire, S81

County: Nottinghamshire

District: Bassetlaw

Civil Parish: Styrrup with Oldcotes

Built-Up Area: Oldcotes

Traditional County: Nottinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Langold with Oldcotes

Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham

Find accommodation in
Blyth

Listing Text

SK 58 NE STYRRUP WITH OLDCOTES MALTBY ROAD
Oldcotes
(South side)

2/166 Church of
St. Mark

G.V. II

Parish church, c.1900. C. Hodgson Fowler. Red brick, ashlar,
timber frame with plaster infill. Tiled roof, the eaves overhang
supported on wooden brackets, with single red brick stack to the
north east and bellcote to the west. Barge boards. Set on a red
brick plinth with ashlar quoins. Chancel and nave under single
roof, north porch and north vestry. West end has a single window
with 4 arched lights, above is a single, similar 2 light window.
In the apex is a single lozenge shaped window. The west porch
has a single 2 light window and the east a doorway with double
wooden door. North wall with single window with 3 arched lights.
West vestry wall has doorway with wooden door, north wall has a
single 2 light window and doorway with wooden door to its left
and east wall has a single 2 light window. East chancel,with
some ornamental panelling, has a single quatrefoil light in the
apex. South front has 2 windows with 2 arched lights and, to the
left, 4 windows with 3 arched lights. All windows in wooden
surrounds, with wooden mullions, lead glazing bars and under flat
arches. Interior has canopy over altar and decorative roof
truss. Included for group value only.


Listing NGR: SK5871488669

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.