This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.8075 / 51°48'26"N
Longitude: -1.635 / 1°38'5"W
OS Eastings: 425264
OS Northings: 212153
OS Grid: SP252121
Mapcode National: GBR 5SW.MGL
Mapcode Global: VHBZS.MT0S
Entry Name: The Royal Oak Public House
Listing Date: 12 September 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1225761
English Heritage Legacy ID: 422180
Location: Burford, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX18
Civil Parish: Burford
Built-Up Area: Burford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Burford
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
BURFORD AND UPTON WITNEY STREET
AND SIGNET (South side)
SP2512 (Enlargement) At Royal Oak Public
House, now inn. Probably C17 or earlier, front refenestrated early C19.
Rubble with Cotswold stone roof, coped verge with brick chimney to left.
large brick chimney on rubble base to right of centre. Lobby-entry plan.
2 storeys and presumed attic (note raking top dormer to right which may be
part of Consitt House (q.v.)). Glazing-bar sash windows, 3 on 1st floor,
the right-hand one paired, 2 on ground floor, 20-pane sashes with wooden
lintels. 6-(flush) panel door to right of centre - C20 - with keyed head;
casement window to left with heavy stone lintel. Short gabled wing to
Listing NGR: SP2526412153
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings