This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.9411 / 52°56'27"N
Longitude: -0.8596 / 0°51'34"W
OS Eastings: 476736
OS Northings: 338797
OS Grid: SK767387
Mapcode National: GBR BLS.RGD
Mapcode Global: WHFJ7.RBWM
Plus Code: 9C4XW4RR+C5
Entry Name: Group of Headstones in Graveyard of Church of St Michael and All Angels Along South Side of Nave
Listing Date: 23 June 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1226632
English Heritage Legacy ID: 424003
Location: Elton-on-the-Hill, Rushcliffe, Nottinghamshire, NG13
Civil Parish: Elton-on-the-Hill
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Elton-on-the-Hill
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
Group of headstones in graveyard of Church of St Michael and All Angels along
south side of nave
Group of headstones. 2nd half of C18 and early C19. Slate.
1. Rectangular with fine detail and ornate lettering to: Rebbecca
Mann wife of Thomas Mann d.1769 aged 43.
2. Large, with shaped head decorative foliage to: Thomas Mann
d.1779 aged 52.
3. Shaped head, delicate classical detail to: Stephen Mann d.Dec.
22nd 1789 aged 30 years.
4. Shaped top and decorative surround to: Rebbecca Mann daughter of
Stephen and Jane Mann d.April 11th 1811 aged 23 years. Included
for group value.
5. Tall with shaped top and decorative surround of foliage to:
Mary wife of John Burrows d.October 5th 1779 in her 58th year.
Also John Burrows d.1780 aged 71 years.
6. Rectangular with simple decoration to: William Burrows son of
John and Mary Burrows d.1766 in his 21st year.
7. Tall with shaped head and classical incised detail to Eleanor
wife of Thomas Mann d.1788 aged 32 years.
8. Large, rectangular with classical detail with a small relief
carving in head. Inscribed in capitals "Reader! The green
sod on which thou stands covers the remains of John Burrows ..."
Signed Wood, Bingham.
9. Round top with simple decoration to: Mary Gibson relict of John
Gibson d.1812. Included for group value.
10. Shaped top with relief carving of trumpeting angel and legend
"arise ye dead and come to Judgement" to: John Gibson
d.5th April 1788. Also two sons.
Listing NGR: SK7673638797
Other nearby listed buildings