This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.0644 / 52°3'51"N
Longitude: -2.218 / 2°13'4"W
OS Eastings: 385153
OS Northings: 240695
OS Grid: SO851406
Mapcode National: GBR 1HP.J1Y
Mapcode Global: VH93D.HCTR
Entry Name: Tower of Former Parish Church
Listing Date: 25 March 1968
Last Amended: 27 July 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1226692
English Heritage Legacy ID: 424108
Location: Upton-upon-Severn, Malvern Hills, Worcestershire, WR8
Civil Parish: Upton-upon-Severn
Built-Up Area: Upton upon Severn
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Upton-on-Severn
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
UPTON-UPON-SEVERN HIGH STREET
2/18 (west side)
25.3.68 Tower of former Parish
(formerly listed as Old
West Tower of former parish church demolished 1937. C14 stone, 3 stages, buttressed,
diagonally on west face. Single long 2-light bell openings on each face, Y-tracery
with quatrefoil head, in chamfered surround. Continuous chamfered tower arch. Former
spire replaced 1769 by fine octagonal timber cupola with copper roof and lantern.
Tower capped with stone cornice and corner urns. Cupola drum with keyed bulls-eye
panels and modillio-cornice. Architect: Anthony Keck. Under restoration 1982.
AM Worcs 68.
Listing NGR: SO8515340695
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings