This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5043 / 51°30'15"N
Longitude: -0.1482 / 0°8'53"W
OS Eastings: 528618
OS Northings: 180003
OS Grid: TQ286800
Mapcode National: GBR BG.WX
Mapcode Global: VHGQZ.CGZ4
Plus Code: 9C3XGV32+PP
Entry Name: The Cavalry Club
Listing Date: 3 July 1969
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1226813
English Heritage Legacy ID: 424293
Location: Westminster, London, W1J
District: City of Westminster
Electoral Ward/Division: West End
Built-Up Area: City of Westminster
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St George, Hanover Square
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ 2880 SE 2879 NE CITY OF WESTMINSTER PICCADILLY Wl
80/120; 89/2 No 127 (The Cavalry
Town mansion 1888. Designed by Adolphus Croft for Gillow and Co (with 128, qv).
Extension to right and more alterations by Mewes and Davis for Cavalry Club in
1908. Portland stone, slate roof. 4 storeys, basement and dormered mansard.
9 windows wide and additional bay to right. Rusticated ground floor with central
Doric portico of 4 polished pink granite columns on pedestals and flight of steps;
2 flanking canted large bay windows. 1st floor windows in Gibbs surrounds with
pediments. Upper floors have architraved windows with cornices and pediments.
Modillion bracket crowning cornice and balustraded parapet on high blocking course,
pierced with arched openings for each dormer window. The interior retains a few
late C18 features, viz some of the wrought iron balustrading to the staircase and
2 chimney pieces in the Kent manner to the rear ground floor room etc,
Listing NGR: TQ2861880003
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings