This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.0228 / 51°1'21"N
Longitude: -0.5024 / 0°30'8"W
OS Eastings: 505131
OS Northings: 125888
OS Grid: TQ051258
Mapcode National: GBR GHG.ZRD
Mapcode Global: FRA 96VD.S4P
Entry Name: Village Hall and the Old Workhouse
Listing Date: 5 November 1973
Last Amended: 22 May 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1227433
English Heritage Legacy ID: 425186
Location: Wisborough Green, Chichester, West Sussex, RH14
County: West Sussex
Civil Parish: Wisborough Green
Built-Up Area: Wisborough Green
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: Wisborough Green St Peter ad Vincula
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
Village Hall and The Old Workhouse
(Formerly listed as The Parish Hall or Community Centre.
Previously listed as The Village Community Centre)
Originally the parish workhouse now hall. L-shaped building. The west wing is C17.
Two storeys. Five windows. Coursed stone. Tiled roof. Casement windows. The
south east wing was added between 1788 and 1797 and originally stretched further
south. Three storeys. Two windows. Red brick and grey headers, once painted.
Modillion eaves cornice. Tiled roof. Sash windows with glazing bars.
Listing NGR: TQ0513225887
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings