This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5091 / 51°30'32"N
Longitude: -0.1469 / 0°8'48"W
OS Eastings: 528696
OS Northings: 180535
OS Grid: TQ286805
Mapcode National: GBR CF.56
Mapcode Global: VHGQZ.DBPG
Entry Name: 44, Hay's Mews W1
Listing Date: 14 January 1970
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1230736
English Heritage Legacy ID: 210141
Location: Westminster, London, W1J
District: City of Westminster
Electoral Ward/Division: West End
Built-Up Area: City of Westminster
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St George, Hanover Square
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ 2880 NE CITY OF WESTMINSTER HAY'S MEWS Wl
Built as former coach house to No 44 Berkeley Square with a "polite" front to the
garden of the latter. c.1744 by William Kent. Brown brick, slate roof. Two storeys.
The street front altered apart from revealed sash windows under gauged arches. Main
feature is east elevation which is of 5 windows with a projecting 3 window pedimented
centre. Modillion cornice and blocking course. Stucco plat band decorated with
rosettes at first floor level. Revealed glazing bar sashes under flat gauged brick
arches. Central doorway set in blind arch.
Listing NGR: TQ2869680535
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings