This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1981 / 52°11'53"N
Longitude: 1.4372 / 1°26'13"E
OS Eastings: 634988
OS Northings: 261106
OS Grid: TM349611
Mapcode National: GBR WP5.459
Mapcode Global: VHM7T.V0MS
Entry Name: The Stud House
Listing Date: 25 October 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1231405
English Heritage Legacy ID: 406550
Location: Stratford St. Andrew, Suffolk Coastal, Suffolk, IP17
District: Suffolk Coastal
Civil Parish: Stratford St. Andrew
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Farnham St Mary with Stratford St Andrew St Mary
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
TM 36 SW STRATFORD ST ANDREW GT GLEMHAM ROAD
1/133 The Stud House
Farmhouse. Mainly C17; north wing probably with older core. L shape plan.
North wing: timber framed with red brick casing, plaintiled roof; 2 storeys;
3 window range, small pane casements to ground floor, C20 casements with square
leaded panes to first floor, blocked first floor window; 2 doorways each with
6-panel door with upper 2 panels glazed; brick band at first floor level,
moulded brick eaves cornice, internal stack. Adjoining to north-east is former
dairy wing: timber framed and plastered with C19 red brick casing to front;
one flat-roofed dormer. South wing: red brick, plaintiled roof; 2 storeys and
attic; mainly C20 windows with square leaded panes, one gabled dormer; Dutch
gable to south: 4 blocked oval windows, brick band at first floor and eaves
levels, brick coping; gable end stack; extension to north-east with crenellated
parapet. Interior with good C17 staircase.
Listing NGR: TM3498861106
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings