This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.8293 / 50°49'45"N
Longitude: -0.4853 / 0°29'7"W
OS Eastings: 506768
OS Northings: 104403
OS Grid: TQ067044
Mapcode National: GBR GKT.XTC
Mapcode Global: FRA 96WX.0RL
Entry Name: The Public Library
Listing Date: 20 September 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1232845
English Heritage Legacy ID: 297702
Location: Angmering, Arun, West Sussex, BN16
County: West Sussex
Civil Parish: Angmering
Built-Up Area: Littlehampton
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: Angmering Saint Margaret with Ham and Bargham
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
TQ 0604 ANGMERING ARUNDEL ROAD
25/63 (east side)
GV The Public Library
Originally the Older School, founded by Sir William Older in 1682 and rebuilt by W G K
Gratwicke in 1853. Architect S S Teulon. L-shaped Gothic building. Faced with
squared knapped flints with dressings, quoins and diaper pattern of red brick. Slate
roof. Casement windows. The west wing, which was probably the Schoolmaster's houses
originally, has two storeys and two windows facing west. Gable with the date 1853 in
it and two pointed windows of two lights each. On the south front is a tower with a
hipped roof and a bell-turret over. To the east is an L-shaped wing of one storey.
Three windows facing south, and three facing west.
Listing NGR: TQ0676804403
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings