This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2139 / 51°12'50"N
Longitude: -3.9669 / 3°58'0"W
OS Eastings: 262715
OS Northings: 147919
OS Grid: SS627479
Mapcode National: GBR KV.3YNQ
Mapcode Global: VH4M7.6R68
Entry Name: Boundary Stone Approximately 60 Metres North of Trentishoe Road at Ss 627 478
Listing Date: 9 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1237384
English Heritage Legacy ID: 428623
Location: Combe Martin, North Devon, Devon, EX34
District: North Devon
Civil Parish: Combe Martin
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Trentishoe St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SS 64 NW
Boundary stone approximately 60 metres north of Trentishoe Road at SS 627 478
Boundary stone. Post-Medieval with inscribed date 1840. Slate. 1.12 metres high,
0.64 metres wide and 0.18 thick. Inscribed on east face with the letters TM and
date 1840. The stone leans against the boundary bank to the west and marks the
boundary between the parishes and manors of Combe Martin and Trentishoe.
Source: Exmoor National Park Field Survey.
The stone is one of the better preserved in a group of similar boundary markers sited along the parish boundary.
Listing NGR: SS6271547919
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings