This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.532 / 51°31'55"N
Longitude: -0.048 / 0°2'52"W
OS Eastings: 535490
OS Northings: 183259
OS Grid: TQ354832
Mapcode National: GBR J8.4KF
Mapcode Global: VHGQV.3RYF
Entry Name: St James Vicarage
Listing Date: 27 September 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1241735
English Heritage Legacy ID: 206217
Location: Tower Hamlets, London, E2
District: Tower Hamlets
Electoral Ward/Division: Bethnal Green
Built-Up Area: Tower Hamlets
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St James the Less Bethnal Green
Church of England Diocese: London
ST JAMES AVENUE E2
(North East Side)
St James Vicarage
Circa 1840's. Unusual house of grey brick, linked chimney stacks, gable end forms
plain brick pediment to street. String course above ground floor. 3 storeys,
2 windows: sashes with glazing bars, round arched as those of adjoining church.
Those of ground floor alternate with round arched brick recesses to give a visual
impression of a Norman arcade. Round headed door.
Church of St James the Less, Vicarage, Railings, Gates and Gate Piers form a group.
Listing NGR: TQ3549083259
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings