This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.279 / 51°16'44"N
Longitude: 1.0768 / 1°4'36"E
OS Eastings: 614681
OS Northings: 157810
OS Grid: TR146578
Mapcode National: GBR TY2.P35
Mapcode Global: VHLGM.M34W
Plus Code: 9F3373HG+HP
Entry Name: Greyfriars Monastery
Listing Date: 3 December 1949
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1242684
English Heritage Legacy ID: 443432
Location: Canterbury, Kent, CT1
Electoral Ward/Division: Westgate
Built-Up Area: Canterbury
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
944 STOUR STREET
(North West Side)
TR 1457 NE 4/181 3.12.49.
This building is approached through the carriageway to No 6. 1267. The building
is the Custos's lodging. It is built over the river Stour, and at each end
is a column resting on the bed of the river which forms 2 pointed arches across
the river. These columns are supposed to be of stone from the part of the
Cathedral burnt in the C12. The building is of flint with patches of brick
in places. 3 buttresses on the south east side. Scheduled as an AM.
Listing NGR: TR1468157809
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings