This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.9786 / 52°58'42"N
Longitude: -0.9275 / 0°55'38"W
OS Eastings: 472112
OS Northings: 342894
OS Grid: SK721428
Mapcode National: GBR BLB.6CB
Mapcode Global: WHFJ0.QDKF
Entry Name: Beech Close and Attached Outbuildings
Listing Date: 1 December 1965
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1243175
English Heritage Legacy ID: 241773
Location: Car Colston, Rushcliffe, Nottinghamshire, NG13
Civil Parish: Car Colston
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Car Colston
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
CAR COLSTON LARGE GREEN
SK 74 SW
(north east side)
Beech Close and
1.12.65 attached outbuild-
Country house. 1718. Alterations and additions early and late
C19 and 1908. Brick, with plain tile roofs. Ashlar dressings.
Chamfered rubble plinth, moulded first floor band, moulded eaves,
rusticated quoins, 2 coped gables with kneelers. 2 gable and 3
ridge stacks. 2 storeys plus attics, 6 bays. Double depth. L-
plan. Windows are mainly C19 glazing bar sashes with keystoned
rubbed brick heads. Main west front has 3 ashlar steps to off-
centre keystoned doorcase and restored timber shell hood. Double
leaf half-glazed door. Flanked by 3 sashes. Beyond, to right,
canted 2 storey bay window with 3 sashes. Above, 5 sashes plus 3
sashes in bay window. Above again, 4 hipped tiled dormers with
Yorkshire sashes. South end has, to left, C20 French window. To
right, projecting gable with 2 storey parapeted bow window with 3
sashes flanked by single glazed doors. Above, to left, mullioned
casement and to right, 5 sashes. Above again, corniced panel
with Arms, inscribed 'F.T.P. 1908'. Return angle to west has
glazed door and above, a sash. Beyond, to right, late C19
outbuildings, gabled and lean-to, 2 storeys, 3 bays, pantile
roofs. Rear elevation has, above, casement with segmental head
and to its right, round headed stair light with Gothick tracery.
North side has to left late C19 additions with sashes and
casements with segmental heads. To right, in return angle, C20
flat roofed porch with timber Doric columns to doorcase. C18
gable to right again, partly rendered, has tiny casement and
above, datestone inscribed with illegible initials and '1718'.
Interior, altered early C19, has winder stair with landing,
square newels and alternate twist and vase and stem balusters.
Panelled drawing room has chair rail and cornice. Adam style
moulded timber fireplace. Parlour has chamfered span beam with
stops. Early C19 Adam style basket grate with plain surround,
flanked by single fitted cupboards. Dining room has early C19
pine fireplace with silver Adam ornament. Several small C19 hob
grates. C18 plank door and several C18 fielded panel doors.
Listing NGR: SK7211242894
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings