History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Spring Cottage

A Grade II Listed Building in Penshurst, Kent

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.1523 / 51°9'8"N

Longitude: 0.2051 / 0°12'18"E

OS Eastings: 554314

OS Northings: 141541

OS Grid: TQ543415

Mapcode National: GBR MPH.QNB

Mapcode Global: VHHQC.H9SG

Entry Name: Spring Cottage

Listing Date: 16 January 1975

Last Amended: 20 September 1976

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1243330

English Heritage Legacy ID: 446934

Location: Penshurst, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN3

County: Kent

District: Sevenoaks

Civil Parish: Penshurst

Built-Up Area: Bullingstone

Traditional County: Kent

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent

Church of England Parish: Penshurst St John the Baptist

Church of England Diocese: Rochester

Find accommodation in
Penshurst

Listing Text

1.
5280 PENSHURST POUNDSBRIDGE
Bullingstone Lane

The Hall Cottages
TQ 54 SW 54/909

II


2.
Late mediaeval hall house with right bay cut off, now divided into 3. 2 storeys,
3 windows. Long hipped tiled roof with ridge gablets, altered at left. Left
part tile hung above, brick below, with later brick end and buttress added 1878.
Coursed rubble foundation. 2 right bays show timber framing with plaster filing,
as does rear view. Assorted casement windows and studded door probably of 1878.

The Hall Cottages shall be amended to read Spring Cottage.

The group value note appearing in the entries for items 54/923 and 54/924
page 236 should be amended to read

Nos 1 to 6 (consec) Walter's Green Cottages and Goose Cottage form a group.

------------------------------------

1.
5280 PENSHURST POUNDSBRIDGE
Bullingstone Lane

The Hall Cottages
TQ 54 SW 54/909

II

2.
Late mediaeval hall house with right bay cut off, now divided into 3. 2 storeys,
3 windows. Long hipped tiled roof with ridge gablets, altered at left. Left
part tile hung above, brick below, with later brick end and buttress added 1878.
Coursed rubble foundation. 2 right bays show timber framing with plaster filling,
as does rear view. Assorted casement windows and studded door probably of 1878.


Listing NGR: TQ5431441541

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.