This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.8037 / 50°48'13"N
Longitude: 0.2493 / 0°14'57"E
OS Eastings: 558588
OS Northings: 102867
OS Grid: TQ585028
Mapcode National: GBR MTT.HV1
Mapcode Global: FRA C6DZ.4Y5
Plus Code: 9F22R63X+FP
Entry Name: Oak Lodge
Listing Date: 23 May 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1243574
English Heritage Legacy ID: 361762
Location: Willingdon and Jevington, Wealden, East Sussex, BN20
County: East Sussex
Civil Parish: Willingdon and Jevington
Built-Up Area: Eastbourne
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Sussex
Church of England Parish: Willingdon St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
No 17 (Oak Lodge)
House, formerly part of kitchen wing to Portsdown. Late C17, remodelled c1925 by John D Clark FRIBA. Built of flint with brick or Reigate stone dressings. Tiled roof with C20 brick chimneystack. One storey and attics, two windows. Front elevation has left side section of flint work with red brick dressings. C20 gabled dormer and ground floor three-light canted bay. To the right is a gabled addition dated 1925 in flint with Reigate stone dressings with a gable with red brick lacing courses. One casement to first floor. Ground floor has two-light arched stone window. Rear elevation has one storey flint section to right with hipped tiled roof. Two flat roofed C20 dormers with leaded lights and two diagonal brick buttresses. The kitchen window retains its pegged oak frame. To the left is a timber framed gable on flint ground floor. The framing dates from 1925 but is structural. Four-light metal casement to first floor the other windows are C20 oak framed. The corner below the left hand side of the gable is cut diagonally and is decorated with stone shields. Side elevation has oak four-centred arched doorcase of 1925 with plank door. Interior contains some C17 wall framing and ceiling beams. Most of the other features, including winder staircase and doors are of c1925.
Listing NGR: TQ5858802867
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings