History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Oveny Green Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Sundridge with Ide Hill, Kent

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.2915 / 51°17'29"N

Longitude: 0.1172 / 0°7'1"E

OS Eastings: 547722

OS Northings: 156838

OS Grid: TQ477568

Mapcode National: GBR QM.J6Z

Mapcode Global: VHHPJ.ZS9S

Entry Name: Oveny Green Farmhouse

Listing Date: 16 January 1975

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1243753

English Heritage Legacy ID: 448010

Location: Sundridge with Ide Hill, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN14

County: Kent

District: Sevenoaks

Civil Parish: Sundridge with Ide Hill

Traditional County: Kent

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent

Church of England Parish: Sundridge St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Rochester

Find accommodation in
Halstead

Listing Text

1.
5280 SUNDRIDGE OVENDEN ROAD
(West Side)

Oveny Green Farmhouse
TQ 45 NE 41/1297

II GV


2.
1701. Plaque at 1st floor left reads: "This farmhouse was built by Thomas Lord
Dacre, Earl of Sussex, in the year 1701." Double span house of 2 storeys and
attic, 3 windows. High pitched swept tiled roof with end chimneys and coved
plastered eaves soffit. Later central tiled dormer. Red brick, with diaper
of blue headers, restored in places. 1st floor band. Recessed sash windows
with glazing bars except 1st floor centre C19 casement and ground floor right
C19 canted bay. Pent extension at right with roof sweeping low. 5-window rear
elevation with cambered arches to ground floor windows.

Oveny Green Farmhouse, the Stable and barn form a group.


Listing NGR: TQ4738058099

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description

1.
5280 SUNDRIDGE OVENDEN ROAD
(West Side)

Oveny Green Farmhouse
TQ 45 NE 41/1297

II GV


2.
1701. Plaque at 1st floor left reads: "This farmhouse was built by Thomas Lord
Dacre, Earl of Sussex, in the year 1701." Double span house of 2 storeys and
attic, 3 windows. High pitched swept tiled roof with end chimneys and coved
plastered eaves soffit. Later central tiled dormer. Red brick, with diaper
of blue headers, restored in places. 1st floor band. Recessed sash windows
with glazing bars except 1st floor centre C19 casement and ground floor right
C19 canted bay. Pent extension at right with roof sweeping low. 5-window rear
elevation with cambered arches to ground floor windows.

Oveny Green Farmhouse, the Stable and barn form a group.


Listing NGR: TQ4738058099

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.