History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Red Court

A Grade II Listed Building in Haslemere, Surrey

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.0806 / 51°4'50"N

Longitude: -0.7132 / 0°42'47"W

OS Eastings: 490237

OS Northings: 132044

OS Grid: SU902320

Mapcode National: GBR DCZ.0KG

Mapcode Global: FRA 96D8.7ZN

Entry Name: Red Court

Listing Date: 19 September 1977

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1244474

English Heritage Legacy ID: 449565

Location: Haslemere, Waverley, Surrey, GU27

County: Surrey

District: Waverley

Civil Parish: Haslemere

Traditional County: Surrey

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey

Church of England Parish: Haslemere

Church of England Diocese: Guildford

Find accommodation in
Haslemere

Listing Text

SCOTLAND'S LANE
1.
5393
(South Side)
Red Court
SU 93 SW 10/165
II
2.
1894-5 by Ernest Newton. Important as an early example of revival of classical
C18 style but with some Queen Anne touches remaining. Large house of 2 storeys
and attic, 7 bays on entrance front, central bay projecting. Red brick with stone-coped
central parapet and pediment-like small gables in middle of side sections. Sash
windows with glazing bars in moulded wood architraves under segmental gauged brick
arches with keystones. Quasi-Venetian windows below gables. Projecting entrance
section has studded door set back in stone-lined recess with segmental cornice
hood. At centre right a rounded bow window under lead roof with patterned gutter.
Garden front asymmetrical but with similar features. Large oriel above door has
repousse lead ornamental frieze inscribed: DULCE DOMUM. 1895 date on rainwater
head.

Listing NGR: SU9023732044

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description

SCOTLAND'S LANE
1.
5393
(South Side)
Red Court
SU 93 SW 10/165
II
2.
1894-5 by Ernest Newton. Important as an early example of revival of classical
C18 style but with some Queen Anne touches remaining. Large house of 2 storeys
and attic, 7 bays on entrance front, central bay projecting. Red brick with stone-coped
central parapet and pediment-like small gables in middle of side sections. Sash
windows with glazing bars in moulded wood architraves under segmental gauged brick
arches with keystones. Quasi-Venetian windows below gables. Projecting entrance
section has studded door set back in stone-lined recess with segmental cornice
hood. At centre right a rounded bow window under lead roof with patterned gutter.
Garden front asymmetrical but with similar features. Large oriel above door has
repousse lead ornamental frieze inscribed: DULCE DOMUM. 1895 date on rainwater
head.

Listing NGR: SU9023732044

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.