History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Former Lcc Tramways Substation

A Grade II Listed Building in Camden Town with Primrose Hill, London

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.5371 / 51°32'13"N

Longitude: -0.1423 / 0°8'32"W

OS Eastings: 528937

OS Northings: 183657

OS Grid: TQ289836

Mapcode National: GBR D3.65

Mapcode Global: VHGQS.HM4J

Entry Name: Former Lcc Tramways Substation

Listing Date: 6 January 1995

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1244690

English Heritage Legacy ID: 476627

Location: Camden, London, NW1

County: London

District: Camden

Electoral Ward/Division: Camden Town with Primrose Hill

Built-Up Area: Camden

Traditional County: Middlesex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London

Church of England Parish: St Pancras Old Church

Church of England Diocese: London

Find accommodation in
Highgate

Listing Text


CAMDEN

TQ2883NE ARLINGTON ROAD
798-1/76/1836 (North East side)
06/01/95 No.104
Former LCC Tramways Substation

II

Electricity substation for the London County Council's
tramways system. 1908. By the London County Council's
Architect's Department. Stock brick with stone bands. Slate
roof with stack to rear. Rectangular design, with simple
clerestoried hall to rear of dignified facade. Central
entrance under glazed tympanum in rusticated ground floor, in
which windows are set back in moulded surrounds under
channelled brick voussoirs. Plain brick upper wall with stone
and brick cornice: above this a set-back frieze inset with 3
moulded panels. Pediment over with stone surround.

Listing NGR: TQ2893783657

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description


CAMDEN

TQ2883NE ARLINGTON ROAD
798-1/76/1836 (North East side)
06/01/95 No.104
Former LCC Tramways Substation

II

Electricity substation for the London County Council's
tramways system. 1908. By the London County Council's
Architect's Department. Stock brick with stone bands. Slate
roof with stack to rear. Rectangular design, with simple
clerestoried hall to rear of dignified facade. Central
entrance under glazed tympanum in rusticated ground floor, in
which windows are set back in moulded surrounds under
channelled brick voussoirs. Plain brick upper wall with stone
and brick cornice: above this a set-back frieze inset with 3
moulded panels. Pediment over with stone surround.

Listing NGR: TQ2893783657

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.