This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.9337 / 52°56'1"N
Longitude: -0.8977 / 0°53'51"W
OS Eastings: 474185
OS Northings: 337937
OS Grid: SK741379
Mapcode National: GBR BLY.1VQ
Mapcode Global: WHFJ7.5JS9
Entry Name: Stable Court at Whatton Manor
Listing Date: 14 November 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1244701
English Heritage Legacy ID: 448188
Location: Whatton-in-the-Vale, Rushcliffe, Nottinghamshire, NG13
Civil Parish: Whatton-in-the-Vale
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Whatton
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
WHATTON HALL LANE
SK 73 NW
(south east side)
6/162 Stable court at
Stable court. 1839. Possibly by A. Salvin. For Thomas Dickinson.
Jacobean revival style. Yellow brick. Gabled slate roofs. Ashlar
dressings. Shouldered coped gables. Single large ridge stack.
Square plan around courtyard, plus adjoining double-gabled wing.
Single and 2 storeys, 7 bays wide by 5 bays deep. C-plan. Windows
are metal casements. To south west, square gatehouse, 3 stages, with
octagonal corner towers, with ogee domes. Chamfered plinth string
course and crenellated parapet. Pair of barred wooden gates with
fluer de lys heads. Above, panel containing clock. Stepped
hoodmould framing panel with Arms. Opposite side has square panel
inscribed "1839". South west side, 5 bays, has gabled bay at each
end, with a casement. Intermediate recessed bays have each a casement.
North east front, 7 bays, has central four centred arched opening
with shouldered gable and remains of bell turret. To right, 2
casements and pair of garage doors. Rear range has to south east, off
centre chamfered doorway. Above, 4 shouldered coped gabled cross
eaves dormers. To right, boundary wall to yard, with 3 doors with
pointed and segmental heads. Courtyard has to south west, 2 pointed
doorways to rear wing. To their right, beyond boundary wall, casement
flanked by single doors with overlights. To right again, lean-to
plastic roofed garage. Gatehouse has four centred arched opening. To
right again, door with overlight. North west side has projecting
gabled central bay with four centred arched opening. To its left, 2
casements. To right, pair of garage doors. Above, central casement.
North east side has central chamfered archway flanked by single
Listing NGR: SK7418537937
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.