History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Pond Farm

A Grade II Listed Building in Yateley, Hampshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.3373 / 51°20'14"N

Longitude: -0.8032 / 0°48'11"W

OS Eastings: 483467

OS Northings: 160482

OS Grid: SU834604

Mapcode National: GBR D8R.1RK

Mapcode Global: VHDXH.1N75

Entry Name: Pond Farm

Listing Date: 28 January 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1244756

English Heritage Legacy ID: 450429

Location: Yateley, Hart, Hampshire, GU17

County: Hampshire

District: Hart

Civil Parish: Yateley

Built-Up Area: Blackwater

Traditional County: Hampshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire

Church of England Parish: Darby Green St Barnabas

Church of England Diocese: Winchester

Find accommodation in
Sandhurst

Listing Text

The following building shall be added to the list:-

SU 86 SW YATELEY DARBY GREEN

3/947 Pond Farm

II

House, former farmhousethen cottages. Main range is a late C16 timber-framed
building with T-shaped 1930s wing to west, 1 bay 1930s extension to east and 1930s
large bay built onto original lobby entrance on south front. Timber-framed building
with 4 bays of unequal width exposed on the first floor of the south front which
has late C16 or early C17 brick infill. Other elevations brick. Pegtiled roof
with off central late C16 brick stack, C20 stack at junction with 1930s extension
to east and brick stack to 1930s wing. 2 storeys with 6 1930 casements to north
front and 3 to south front. With 1930s extension the plan is now T-shaped. South
front has exposed curved tension braces. The brick infill is partly in headed bond
and partly in English bond. C20 French windows to west and 1930s lean-to extension
to east. North front mainly in brickwork in C19 in Flemish bond with platland and
plinth. Almost central 1930s bay with 2 casements. Easternmost bay is a 1930s
extension in brick with east gable reusing timbers from a demolished barn arranged
in a Queenpost pattern. West wing is c. 1930. Brown brick in stretcher bond with
tiled roof with end brick chimneystack. 2 storeys, 4 windows. Casement windows
and gabled brick porch. Interior of easternmost bay has an open fireplace with
massive wooden bressumer with round-head arches within chimneybreast and oak seats
inserted in 1930s. Massive square floor joists and mid-rail to wallframe. Adjoining
room has, massive square floor joists and some running north to south with run out
stops. Centre and side posts are reused timbers from a demolished barn which stood
in the grounds. 1930 wing has on the ground floor a galleried hall decorated with
curved braces from the demolished barn. To south interesting 1930 brick fireplace
with circular hearth, originally with window seats to north C17 style panelling and Cl8
balusters. First floor has 1930 marble fireplace with original gasfire and pawed
light fitting on pulley and original 1930s sanitary fittings. Exposed frame has
sharply angled or gunstock jointed posts, curved wind braces and weathered end gable
with queenpost roof.


Listing NGR: SU8226060410

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.