History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old School and Schoolmasters House

A Grade II Listed Building in Willingdon and Jevington, East Sussex

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.7926 / 50°47'33"N

Longitude: 0.2156 / 0°12'56"E

OS Eastings: 556255

OS Northings: 101560

OS Grid: TQ562015

Mapcode National: GBR MTZ.7B2

Mapcode Global: FRA C6BZ.XHC

Entry Name: The Old School and Schoolmasters House

Listing Date: 21 January 1999

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1245024

English Heritage Legacy ID: 472756

Location: Willingdon and Jevington, Wealden, East Sussex, BN26

County: East Sussex

District: Wealden

Civil Parish: Willingdon and Jevington

Traditional County: Sussex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Sussex

Church of England Parish: Jevington St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Chichester

Find accommodation in
Jevington

Listing Text

TQ 5601 JEVINGTON

40/10034 The Old School and
Schoolmaster's house

GV II

Former school and schoolmaster's house. Dated 1846 on tablet in gable. Flint with red brick dressings. Tiled roof and chimney of three octagonal-shaped chimneystacks in yellow, red and black brick. One to two storeys: 3 windows. Left side was schoolroom and has two mullioned and transomed triple wooden casements with dripmoulding above and projecting wooden porch with fretted wooden bargeboards. Central gabled porch with fretted bargeboards and two-centred arch. Right side has projecting two storey former schoolmaster's house with date tablet in gable. One mullioned and transomed casement with brick hood moulding to each floor. Entrance is a flint and brick porch in angle of the L.

Listing NGR: TQ5625501566

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description

TQ 5601 JEVINGTON

40/10034 The Old School and
Schoolmaster's house

GV II

Former school and schoolmaster's house. Dated 1846 on tablet in gable. Flint with red brick dressings. Tiled roof and chimney of three octagonal-shaped chimneystacks in yellow, red and black brick. One to two storeys: 3 windows. Left side was schoolroom and has two mullioned and transomed triple wooden casements with dripmoulding above and projecting wooden porch with fretted wooden bargeboards. Central gabled porch with fretted bargeboards and two-centred arch. Right side has projecting two storey former schoolmaster's house with date tablet in gable. One mullioned and transomed casement with brick hood moulding to each floor. Entrance is a flint and brick porch in angle of the L.

Listing NGR: TQ5625501566

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.