This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.5027 / 52°30'9"N
Longitude: 1.3658 / 1°21'56"E
OS Eastings: 628534
OS Northings: 294748
OS Grid: TM285947
Mapcode National: GBR WKD.43Q
Mapcode Global: VHL8S.MCD8
Entry Name: Woodton Park House
Listing Date: 10 January 1996
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1245289
English Heritage Legacy ID: 452304
Location: Woodton, South Norfolk, Norfolk, NR35
District: South Norfolk
Civil Parish: Woodton
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Woodton All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TM 29 SE CHURCH ROAD
Woodton Park House
House and stable in one, originally coach-house and stable. c.1694, part converted to 2 cottages early C19, which subsequently became one dwelling. Probably for Robert Suckling, at the time he built Woodton Hall close by. Red brick with some decorative burnt headers and pantile roof with brick ridge stack to right. Single range with Dutch end gables, the house to right, the remaining stable to left. 2 storeys; 3-window range of 2-light casements. On ground floor 2 2-light casements with 2 doorways further left and right, that to left with part-glazed door and side lights, then small single-light windows. Further left a 4-panel door with overlight under the left 1st floor casement. To far left a stable door. Plinth in part and raised storey band. On left end are bands and shaped and brick-coped Dutch gable. Blocked attic window. Right end has similar gable, 1st floor 2-light casement and lean-to. Rear has lean-to with 2 stacks, and 2 casements above. INTERIOR. Simple moulded fireplace surrounds, plank and panel doors, and 2 winder stairs with simple balustrade tops. Bridging and tie beams probably original (chamfer stops run-out or not visible) but roof above ties in house part renewed early C19. Stable has bridging beam with chamfer with notched and curved stop and partly original roof Woodton Park House is the former coach-house/stable to Woodton Hall which was built in 1694 and demolished in 1841.
Listing NGR: TM2853494748
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings