History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Patterdale Hall (With Attached Gatehouse and Stable Wing)

A Grade II Listed Building in Patterdale, Cumbria

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.537 / 54°32'13"N

Longitude: -2.9465 / 2°56'47"W

OS Eastings: 338854

OS Northings: 516163

OS Grid: NY388161

Mapcode National: GBR 7HVZ.WC

Mapcode Global: WH81T.Q735

Entry Name: Patterdale Hall (With Attached Gatehouse and Stable Wing)

Listing Date: 15 March 1974

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1245393

English Heritage Legacy ID: 452406

Location: Patterdale, Eden, Cumbria, CA11

County: Cumbria

District: Eden

Civil Parish: Patterdale

Traditional County: Westmorland

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria

Church of England Parish: Patterdale St Patrick

Church of England Diocese: Carlisle

Find accommodation in
Glenridding

Listing Text

NY 31 NE,
12/168

PATTERDALE,
PATTERDALE,
Patterdale Hall (with attached gatehouse and stable wing )

II

Cl7, with Georgian and Victorian Additions. Back door (now inside the
house) is dated 1677, but it was rebuilt in circa 1800, with additions
by Salvin 1845-50. All stone, mostly with quoins. Large, irregular plan.
Tall centre tower of 4 storeys, with stone balustraded balconies to 2nd
floor window. A large 5-sided 2-storeyed bay window projects on garden
front (the garden design being centred on it). Internal panelled shutters.
Mainly Classical style in compact though irregular group of house, gatehouse,
and stable block, all attached. The coach-house has a clock-tower and
former belfry.


Listing NGR: NY3885416163

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description

NY 31 NE,
12/168

PATTERDALE,
PATTERDALE,
Patterdale Hall (with attached gatehouse and stable wing )

II

Cl7, with Georgian and Victorian Additions. Back door (now inside the
house) is dated 1677, but it was rebuilt in circa 1800, with additions
by Salvin 1845-50. All stone, mostly with quoins. Large, irregular plan.
Tall centre tower of 4 storeys, with stone balustraded balconies to 2nd
floor window. A large 5-sided 2-storeyed bay window projects on garden
front (the garden design being centred on it). Internal panelled shutters.
Mainly Classical style in compact though irregular group of house, gatehouse,
and stable block, all attached. The coach-house has a clock-tower and
former belfry.


Listing NGR: NY3885416163

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.