This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5384 / 51°32'18"N
Longitude: -0.1521 / 0°9'7"W
OS Eastings: 528253
OS Northings: 183781
OS Grid: TQ282837
Mapcode National: GBR B2.0Q
Mapcode Global: VHGQS.9LYK
Plus Code: 9C3XGRQX+85
Entry Name: Vernon House
Listing Date: 14 May 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1245876
English Heritage Legacy ID: 477951
Location: Camden, London, NW1
Electoral Ward/Division: Camden Town with Primrose Hill
Built-Up Area: Camden
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Mark Regents Park
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ2883NW ST MARK'S SQUARE
798-1/75/1521 (North side)
Terrace, formerly of 8 houses, now converted to one building.
c1860, altered. Stucco with rusticated ground floor and
4 storeys and basements; projecting end bays, left hand with
extra attic storey. Symmetrical facade of 13 windows and
3-window left hand return. Prostyle Doric porticoes with
dentil entablatures continuing across and around the
buildings; doorways of former Nos 5 (on left return), 6 and 10
with pilaster-jambs carrying cornice heads, sidelights,
fanlights and half glazed doors. Other doorways converted to
windows. Tripartite ground floor sashes, most with cast-iron
window guards; projecting left hand bay with canted bay window
and cast-iron window guard. 2nd floor sashes architraved with
console bracketed segmental pediments and continuous cast-iron
balconies; projecting left hand bay with canted bay window and
balcony. 2nd floor, architraved sashes with console bracketed
cornices; 3rd floor, architraved sashes with keystones.
Projecting left hand bay with tripartite sashes to 3rd, 4th
and attic storeys; 2nd floor with console bracketed cornice.
Simplified dentil entablature with console bracketed cornice
and blocking course.
INTERIOR: not inspected.
Listing NGR: TQ2825383781
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings