History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The School Room

A Grade II Listed Building in Crambe, North Yorkshire

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.0745 / 54°4'28"N

Longitude: -0.8819 / 0°52'54"W

OS Eastings: 473259

OS Northings: 464869

OS Grid: SE732648

Mapcode National: GBR QP8B.W4

Mapcode Global: WHFBM.FV98

Entry Name: The School Room

Listing Date: 14 March 2001

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1246861

English Heritage Legacy ID: 486990

Location: Crambe, Ryedale, North Yorkshire, YO60

County: North Yorkshire

District: Ryedale

Civil Parish: Crambe

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Crambe St Michael

Church of England Diocese: York

Find accommodation in
Kirkham

Listing Text

CRAMBE

SE 76 SW The School Room
561/7/10006
14-MAR-01

II

School. 1841. Built for Colonel Cholmley. Coursed limestone rubble with brick dressings. Pantile roofs and two brick gable stacks. Single storey.
Mian front has central doorway with plank door under segment arched brick lintel. Above an ashlar plaque inscribed 'This school was erected by Colonel Cholmley in the year 1841'. Either side are single large 3-light casement windows with glazing bars under segmental brick arches.
Rear front has small lean-to under catslide roof to left, and another central casement with glazing bars under a segmental brick arch lintel.
INTERIOR has original plank doors and plank cupboard doors. Single painted brick fireplaces at either end with flanking cupboards.


Listing NGR: SE7325564869

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description

CRAMBE

SE 76 SW The School Room
561/7/10006
14-MAR-01

II

School. 1841. Built for Colonel Cholmley. Coursed limestone rubble with brick dressings. Pantile roofs and two brick gable stacks. Single storey.
Mian front has central doorway with plank door under segment arched brick lintel. Above an ashlar plaque inscribed 'This school was erected by Colonel Cholmley in the year 1841'. Either side are single large 3-light casement windows with glazing bars under segmental brick arches.
Rear front has small lean-to under catslide roof to left, and another central casement with glazing bars under a segmental brick arch lintel.
INTERIOR has original plank doors and plank cupboard doors. Single painted brick fireplaces at either end with flanking cupboards.


Listing NGR: SE7325564869

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.