This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.0819 / 51°4'54"N
Longitude: -1.7014 / 1°42'4"W
OS Eastings: 421014
OS Northings: 131435
OS Grid: SU210314
Mapcode National: GBR 51C.2PF
Mapcode Global: FRA 76B8.70J
Entry Name: Pitton Church of England Primary School
Listing Date: 22 March 2001
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1246937
English Heritage Legacy ID: 486903
Location: Pitton and Farley, Wiltshire, SP5
Civil Parish: Pitton and Farley
Built-Up Area: Pitton
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Farley with Pitton All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
PITTON AND FARLEY
SU23SW WHITE HILL
1379/7/10006 Pitton Church of England Primary School
Parish school. 1850; altered 1886. Red brick with blue brick diapering. Welsh slate roof with ornate bargeboards with pendants to the gable ends. Brick gable-end stacks with set-offs, the left with rendered shaft, the right truncated.
PLAN: Rectangular on plan, comprising two rooms, the smaller infants' classroom on the left and the larger school room on the right, with large double doors between; a doorway at the front of each room, the central doorway to the main school room has porch, which was extended at the front in 1886.
Victorian Picturesque style.
EXTERIOR: Single storey. 4-bay NE front with three 12-pane sashes with weathered brick cills; plain doorway to left of centre with plank door; large brick porch at centre with side doorways and small side wings, the front of the porch with 3-light casement with glazing bars and gable with shaped bargeboards with pendant and stone shield below dated 1850 over riband inscribed "Feed My Lambs". The gable ends each have central stack with weathered set-offs flanked by narrow 8-pane sashes with cambered brick arches. At rear [SW] 12-pane sashes to left and right and small C20 single-storey wing at centre.
INTERIOR: Two rooms, smaller infants' classroom [now office] on left and larger schoolroom on right, with large panelled double-doors between. Both rooms are open to the scissor-braced truss roof with a pendant at the apex of each truss.
Listing NGR: SU2101431435
Other nearby listed buildings