This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.2176 / 51°13'3"N
Longitude: 1.289 / 1°17'20"E
OS Eastings: 629781
OS Northings: 151629
OS Grid: TR297516
Mapcode National: GBR W0G.NQ0
Mapcode Global: VHLGY.9N9G
Plus Code: 9F33679Q+2H
Entry Name: Dane Court
Listing Date: 13 October 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1247718
English Heritage Legacy ID: 429051
Location: Tilmanstone, Dover, Kent, CT14
Civil Parish: Tilmanstone
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
TILMANSTONE SCHOOL ROAD
TR 25 SE (North side)
3/111 Dane Court
House. 1724 for Major Richard Harvey, extended 1765-1776 for Michael
Hatton esq. and after 1818 by Rice family. Red brick and plain tiled roofs.
Two rectangular blocks at right angles with extensive rear wings. Entrance
facade: 2 storeys and attic on stone plinth with moulded plat band and
coved eaves to hipped roof with 3 hipped dormers and stacks to left and to
right. Large projecting l storey central porch with plinth and parapet
and iron balustrade. Five glazing bar sashes on first floor, all with
moulded key stones. The central window is larger, with segmental head.
Ground floor with 1 glazing bar sash either side of porch, 1 in each side of
porch, and 1 round headed niche in porch either side of central door of 6
razed and fielded panels with semi-circular fanlight in moulded and keyed
semi circular panelled surround with Ionic surround with full frieze and
pediments. To right the return elevation of mid C18 extension, also of 2
storeys and attic, with identical details, but larger proportions. Two
blank windows on each floor on left return and hipped dormer. Main
elevation with stone plinth, moulded plat band, coved eaves cornice to hipped
roof with 3 hipped dormers and stacks to centre and rear left and rear .
right. Five keyed glazing bar sashes on each floor. Pedimented surround to
glazed door at right with 1 glazing bar sash either side in C19 or C20 1
storey connecting wing to outbuildings, probably originally part of the
stables, or coach house, of 1 storey with hipped roof and cupola, with
central brick pediment, and 4 keyed glazing bar sashes, extended to right
by wall ramped up several times and extending about 20 metres in all.
Extensive rear wings, in part converted to flats, including water tower.
Interior: moulded panelling with shouldered door surrounds and plain moulded.
and neo-classical fireplaces in later C18 wing. The principal residence of
the old parish of Tilmanstone. (See Hasted X, 1800, p.82)
Listing NGR: TR2978151629
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Book cover links are generated automatically from the sources. They are not necessarily always correct, as book names at Amazon may not be quite the same as those used referenced in the text.
Source title links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings