This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.2525 / 52°15'8"N
Longitude: -1.1603 / 1°9'37"W
OS Eastings: 457415
OS Northings: 261920
OS Grid: SP574619
Mapcode National: GBR 8S2.MH7
Mapcode Global: VHCVC.TNY3
Plus Code: 9C4W7R2Q+XV
Entry Name: Danetre Hospital Administration Offices (Former Workhouse Building)
Listing Date: 31 October 1990
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1249207
English Heritage Legacy ID: 359989
Location: Daventry, Daventry, Northamptonshire, NN11
Civil Parish: Daventry
Built-Up Area: Daventry
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Daventry Holy Cross
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
The following building shall be included:
DAVENTRY LONDON ROAD
SP 56 SE
1/91 Administration Offices
(former workhouse building)
Workhouse, converted into hospital, now hospital administration offices. 1838 Poor
Law Institution, Flemish bond red brick. Hipped slate roof with moulded eaves.
Slate hipped roofs. Brick axial stacks.
H-shaped on plan with central entrance on the outer side of the east wing of the H.
2 storeys. 10:3:3:3:7 window range, centre 9 bays advanced of which the 3 at centre
with pediment break forward again. All 12-pane sashes with horns and stone sills,
the ground floor with flat brick arches, the first floor window heads under eaves
entablature. Central doorway with small canopy on brackets, rectangular overlight
and flush panel door. The central lateral and back ranges also have sash windows;
on the west (rear) elevation of the back range the 2 end bays break forward with
pedimental gables. Minor C20 brick additions on back of ranges.
Interior: not inspected.
Note: Built in 1838 as a Poor Law Institution accommodating 230 inmates, it became
a hospital, whose C20 main buildings are detached to the west. The Workhouse
building is now used as hospital administration offices.
Source: Buildings of England p.173; Kellys Director# Northamptonshire 1898, p.62.
Listing NGR: SP5741561920
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings