This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.7399 / 52°44'23"N
Longitude: 1.2643 / 1°15'51"E
OS Eastings: 620452
OS Northings: 320806
OS Grid: TG204208
Mapcode National: GBR VF1.8GC
Mapcode Global: WHMT1.DD8C
Plus Code: 9F43P7Q7+XP
Entry Name: Park Farmhouse
Listing Date: 18 November 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1250093
English Heritage Legacy ID: 228015
Location: Hevingham, Broadland, Norfolk, NR10
Civil Parish: Hevingham
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Hevingham St Mary the Virgin and St Botolph
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 22 SW HEVINGHAM CROMER ROAD
6/57 Park Farmhouse.
Manor House, C16 and later. Built of red brick with corrugated smut tiles.
L-shaped plan of 2 storeys and attics with single storey C19 range to the north.
A fragment of the manor house built on the site of the former Bishop's Palace.
Altered in the mid C18, and radically in 1844. C19 facade to south 3 windows
with C20 door in original opening. Casement windows with wrought iron lights
and glass quatrels. Brick chamfered reveals, flat chamfered gauged brick arches
with moulded brick hood moulds. Shallow brick pilaster to the right of the
doorway. Over the door a mediaeval stone corbel and terra-cotta King's head.
Brick dentil eaves course. C16 gable wall to east, with brick plinth, blocked
window with hood mould and stepped gable. Fragment of stone tracery set high
up in wall. Mid C18 gable wall to west, with plinth, and re-used stone possibly
from the 'Bishop's Palace. First floor casement window and blocked window with
segmental brick arches and moulded brick string course at attic floor level.
Attic window with segmental brick arch. North wing with C19 casement windows,
brickwork and stepped gable as above. Brick dentil eaves, C19 stepped gables
and end gable stacks to east and west. Single storey north range not of special
interest. North gable inscribed RM 1844. A tie iron on the east gable is
inscribed M. 1661 M.
Listing NGR: TG2045220806
Other nearby listed buildings