History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of All Saints

A Grade II Listed Building in Stanton on the Wolds, Nottinghamshire

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.8693 / 52°52'9"N

Longitude: -1.0625 / 1°3'45"W

OS Eastings: 463202

OS Northings: 330618

OS Grid: SK632306

Mapcode National: GBR 9L5.262

Mapcode Global: WHFJJ.N47M

Entry Name: Church of All Saints

Listing Date: 24 September 1990

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1250096

English Heritage Legacy ID: 432331

Location: Stanton on the Wolds, Rushcliffe, Nottinghamshire, NG12

County: Nottinghamshire

District: Rushcliffe

Civil Parish: Stanton on the Wolds

Traditional County: Nottinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Stanton-on-the-Wolds

Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham

Find accommodation in
Ruddington

Listing Text

STANTON-ON-THE-WOLDS
SK 63 SW OFF BROWN'S LANE
(north side)
6/134 Church of All Saints

GV II

Parish Church Cll, C13, restored 1889, and 1952. Nave and chancel under a
continuous roof, with small western bell tower. Coursed rubble with ashlar
dressings and plain tile roof. Quoins. West front has projecturity square tower
with a single chamfered lancet, and above a single pointed bell opening to the east
and west, above the tower is topped by a pyramidal stone spire. To the north west a
lean-to C20 vestry, with a 2 light mullion window to the west. North wall of
chancel has a small chamfered window, and a pair of small chamfered lancets without
mullion, to the east a C19 ashlar buttress. East front has 2 tall buttresses, and
between a central chamfered, 3 light pointed arch window with hood mould. South
front has a buttress, a pair of pointed lancets, a buttress, a pair of pointed
lancets under a flat hood with trefoil tracery. Then another buttress, a pair of
pointed and chamfered lancets, a further buttress and then a chamfered pointed
arched doorway with moulded impost blocks, a C19 blank door with ornate iron hinges,
plus a wooden gabled porch on low stone walls, and above a 2 light chamfered mullion
window. Interior has an Cll, stone font, circular bowl decorated with blind arching
badly worn. Cl9 pews, pulpit, altar rail, reredos, choir stalls and roof, plus a
C20 organ.


Listing NGR: SK6320230618

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.