History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of All Saints

A Grade II Listed Building in Sleaford, Lincolnshire

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.0588 / 53°3'31"N

Longitude: -0.4418 / 0°26'30"W

OS Eastings: 504526

OS Northings: 352418

OS Grid: TF045524

Mapcode National: GBR FPZ.93J

Mapcode Global: WHGK0.5CWW

Plus Code: 9C5X3H55+G7

Entry Name: Church of All Saints

Listing Date: 1 February 1967

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1254135

English Heritage Legacy ID: 437446

Location: Cranwell, Brauncewell and Byard's Leap, North Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG34

County: Lincolnshire

Civil Parish: Cranwell, Brauncewell and Byard's Leap

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Leasingham St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Ashby de la Launde

Listing Text

BRAUNCEWELL CHURCH LANE
TF 05 SW
3/15
Church of All Saints
1.2.67
- II
Parish church. C16, early C19, chancel rebuilt 1857. Coursed limestone rubble
and ashlar. Nave has C20 concrete tile roof, chancel has slate roof, both with
ashlar coped gables, the chancel gable has kneelers. Nave with in-built west
tower, and chancel. West front has central doorway in pointed arched, double
chamfered surround, with hood mould with block label stops. Above a small
circular opening with a plain ashlar surround and plank shutter. Above on the
tower a plain band, with a small mask below on the west front, then a single
segment headed chamfered bell-opening on each face, above a moulded band, then
battlements with 4 corner pinnacles. The north nave wall has a single pointed
arched. Y tracery window in a coved chamfered surround. Chancel north wall
has a single segment headed blocked doorway in a chamfered surround. Chancel
east wall has a single 2 light geometric tracery window in a pointed chamfered
surround. Chancel south wall has 2 pointed cusped lancets in coved chamfered
surrounds. Nave south wall has two, 2 light Y tracery windows, in coved
chamfered surrounds. Interior: has C19 wooden roofs, pews, pulpit, altar rail
and lecturn. C19 iron chandelier in chancel, and bracket gas lamps in nave.
C16 ashlar octagonal font. Wall tablet to Thomas Lowe, 1854 in chancel. Brass
plaque to those who died in the Great War.


Listing NGR: TF0452652418

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.