This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.0223 / 53°1'20"N
Longitude: -0.4262 / 0°25'34"W
OS Eastings: 505659
OS Northings: 348381
OS Grid: TF056483
Mapcode National: GBR FQD.F2Y
Mapcode Global: WHGK6.F98C
Entry Name: Leasingham Hall
Listing Date: 23 November 1951
Last Amended: 7 December 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1254207
English Heritage Legacy ID: 437636
Location: Leasingham, North Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG34
District: North Kesteven
Civil Parish: Leasingham
Built-Up Area: Leasingham
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Leasingham St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
LEASINGHAM CAPTAIN'S HILL
TF 04 NE (west side)
23.11.51 (formerly listed as The
Small country house, now 6 flats. C17, C18, remodelled 1836 with C20 alte-
rations. Coursed limestone rubble and brick with ashlar dressings. Slate roofs.
A single lateral, 2 gable and 3 ridge moulded ashlar stacks. Ashlar coped gables
with kneelers, some with finials. Flush ashlar quoins. Chamfered ashlar plinth.
Chamfered first floor band. Ashlar corbels to the eaves. Irregular plan.
East, entrance front, 3 bay, 2 storey with central projecting porch with diagonal
buttresses, a chamfered eaves band and a coped parapet which continues over
the shallow gable which contains a shield. The opening has a chamfered four-
centred arch, inscribed "1836". The inner doorway also has a chamfered four-
centred arched surround, with double partially glazed doors, with side lights
and an overlight. To the left a 2 light chamfered mullion window with hood,
and to the right a slightly projecting external stack, which bears an ashlar
shield bearing the Myddlton arms. Above 2, 2 light chamfered mullion windows
with hoods. South front, 2 bays, 2 storey plus attic. To the left an ashlar
canted bay window surmounted by coped battlements, with glazing bar casements,
and to the right a single 3 light chamfered mullion casement with hood. Above
2, 2 light chamfered mullion casements with hoods. Above again to the right
a small single flat headed lancet with a hood. West front, 3 bays, 2 storey
plus attic. Between each bay are single buttresses with set offs. To the right
a pair of cross casement double doors with a hood, in the centre a doorway with
C20 door, and to the left a single glazing bar sash under a segment head. Above
2 similar sashes, and above again 2 gabled dormers with 2 light casements, to
the right in the gable a small flat headed lancet with hood. To the west a
tall 2½ storey, 2 bay wing with a lower 2 storey flat topped linking block.
This link has on the south a doorway with a 6 panel door with overlight under
a segment head with ashlar keystone. To the right a small 2 light chamfered
mullion window with a flat head. Above a single glazing bar sash with segment
head and keystone. The west wall of this link has a single similar sash to
each floor. The link is topped with an ornate wooden balustrade. The south
wall of the west wing has a single glazing bar sash with segment head and key-
stone on the first floor and above a small glazing bar sash and a 2 light case-
ment. The west gable wall has 2 oval windows on the upper floor, with moulded
ashlar surrounds with scroll keystones, these surrounds are heavily weathered
and are probably early C18 in date, re-sited in thie present position c1836.
To the rear a single storey range of garages. This house was burnt in the early
C19, and repaired and partly rebuilt in 1836.
Listing NGR: TF0565948381
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings