This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.2801 / 54°16'48"N
Longitude: -0.4021 / 0°24'7"W
OS Eastings: 504132
OS Northings: 488336
OS Grid: TA041883
Mapcode National: GBR TLMY.RG
Mapcode Global: WHGC0.SPP6
Plus Code: 9C6X7HJX+25
Entry Name: Vicarage
Listing Date: 22 December 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1258211
English Heritage Legacy ID: 444567
Location: Scarborough, North Yorkshire, YO11
County: North Yorkshire
Electoral Ward/Division: Castle
Built-Up Area: Scarborough
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Scarborough St Mary
Church of England Diocese: York
Nos 1 to 6 (consec) and
No 7 (Vicarage)
TA U188 4/116 22.12.55.
1832-33 to 1856-7. Designed 1832 by R H and Samuel Sharp of York architects.
This part of the Crescent, Belvoir Terrace, was completed by 1840. Symmetrical
ashlar facades, 4 storeys except for Vicarage, No 7, which has 3. Angle blocks
of 6 bays have slight projection. Horizontal rustication to ground floor.
Continuous stone balcony on large brackets and with rich cast iron honeysuckle
pattern rails, at 1st floor level. Upper part divided by pilasters supporting
entablature. Low hipped slate roof. The intermediate houses one of 3 bays
each, glazing bar sashes, 1st floor French windows. No 7, the Vicarage has
an addition of 4 bays in brick on the north west side. Return fronts of end
blocks 5 bays in same style. Doorways have stone architraves, panelled doors,
rectangular fanlights. Major example of terrace architecture in Scarborough
with central garden area in front of houses.
Nos 1 to 7 (consec) Belvoir Terrace and Nos 1 to 15 (consec) The Crescent form a major group.
Listing NGR: TA0413288336
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings