This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.066 / 51°3'57"N
Longitude: -1.7934 / 1°47'36"W
OS Eastings: 414574
OS Northings: 129650
OS Grid: SU145296
Mapcode National: GBR 51F.3DL
Mapcode Global: FRA 7649.F55
Plus Code: 9C3W3684+CM
Entry Name: 13, St Johns Street
Listing Date: 28 February 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1259034
English Heritage Legacy ID: 446132
Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1
Civil Parish: Salisbury
Built-Up Area: Salisbury
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Salisbury St Thomas and St Edmund
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
ST JOHN'S STREET
1594 (East Side)
SU 1429 NE 4/135 28.2.52.
Early Cl9. 2 storeys ashlar. Bath stone. Plinth. Plain frieze, moulded
cornice and blocking course. Low pitch hipped slate roof. Central tripartite
sash window 1st floor, glazing bars intact, pilasters flanking and dividing,
breaking through sill, in slight, rectangular, recess. Ground floor has central
portico of 2 fluted Greek Doric columns and pilasters to wall carrying entablature with triglyph frieze, the entablature with plain frieze continued across front with flanking pilasters all framing pair of large marginal glazed windows on moulded sills with panels under and double doors to centre also marginal glazed with flush bottom panels. The building was the former workshop and office of Osmond, the mason whom Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin used to employ.
Nos 1 to 13 (odd) form a very important group.
Listing NGR: SU1457729652
Other nearby listed buildings