This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.0697 / 51°4'11"N
Longitude: -1.7969 / 1°47'48"W
OS Eastings: 414324
OS Northings: 130066
OS Grid: SU143300
Mapcode National: GBR 517.VXW
Mapcode Global: FRA 7639.CR8
Plus Code: 9C3W3693+V6
Entry Name: The Market Hall
Listing Date: 1 April 1970
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1259888
English Heritage Legacy ID: 443591
Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1
Civil Parish: Salisbury
Built-Up Area: Salisbury
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Salisbury St Thomas and St Edmund
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
1594 (Cheese Market)
The Market Hall
SU 1430 SW 1/305 1.4.70.
1859 by Mr Strapp. 1-storey ashlar stone front on projecting plinth of 3 bays
each with large arched opening framed by rusticated pilasters and coupled brackets
supporting moulded cornice. The centre bay has a slight projection and is
crowned with a pediment and roundel in tympanum. Each arch has a string at
spring and voussoir head, and glazed with concentric and radiating pattern;
and large cast iron gates of round bars and acanthus scroll framing, by Hill
and Smith of Brierly Hill.
Nos 25 to 32 (consec) and the Market Hall form a group.
Listing NGR: SU1432530059
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings