History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of All Saints

A Grade II* Listed Building in Mareham on the Hill, Lincolnshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.1924 / 53°11'32"N

Longitude: -0.0734 / 0°4'24"W

OS Eastings: 528815

OS Northings: 367874

OS Grid: TF288678

Mapcode National: GBR JSQ.SBT

Mapcode Global: WHHKQ.V07Z

Entry Name: Church of All Saints

Listing Date: 14 September 1966

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1262409

English Heritage Legacy ID: 435074

Location: Mareham on the Hill, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN9

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey

Civil Parish: Mareham on the Hill

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Mareham on the Hill All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Horncastle

Listing Text

TF 26 NE MAREHAM ON THE HILL CHURCH LANE
(north side)

4/127 Church of All
Saints
14.9.66
II*

Parish church. C15, restored 1780 and remodelled 1804, C20.
Green sandstone rubble blocks, limestone ashlar, some red brick,
some render, some colourwash. Slate roof with bargeboards and
west rectangular bell turret with ogee lead covered cupola and
weathervane. Nave with west bell turret, chancel in one. West
front with 2 large lean-to buttresses flanking west doorwaywith
semi-circular head, traceried fanlight and double panelled door.
North side of nave with single window with semi-circular head and
Y tracery. Chancel with 2 large C20 brick buttresses which flank
a blocked window with segmental head. East end of chancel with
C15 pointed window with C19 Y tracery flanked by diagonal 2
stage buttresses. South side of chancel with brick patched
opening to east. Nave with single large window with semi-
circular head, Y tracery, large keystone and imposts. Interior
with rectangular aumbry in north wall. A single large blocked
rectangular north opening, and 2 large blocked rectangular south
openings, all in the chancel. 8 painted box pews with fielded
panelling and hinged doors. Polygonal pulpit with reading desk
and lectern, integral with south east pew and also painted grey.
C18 hatchment. C18 altar rail remodelled and painted in C20.
C19 ceilings. C20 altar.


Listing NGR: TF2881567874

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.