This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.0136 / 53°0'49"N
Longitude: -1.1529 / 1°9'10"W
OS Eastings: 456929
OS Northings: 346593
OS Grid: SK569465
Mapcode National: GBR 8GZ.3B7
Mapcode Global: WHDGL.8J71
Plus Code: 9C5W2R7W+FR
Entry Name: Stable Court at Bestwood Lodge Hotel
Listing Date: 27 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1265261
English Heritage Legacy ID: 425207
Location: Bestwood St. Albans, Gedling, Nottinghamshire, NG5
Civil Parish: Bestwood St. Albans
Built-Up Area: Nottingham
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Bestwood Emmanuel
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
BESTWOOD ST. ALBANS BESTWOOD PARK
SK 54 NE
4/3 Stable Court at
Stable court. Now houses and garages. 1862, altered 1985. By
S. S. Teulon for the 10th Duke of St. Albans. Brick with slate
roofs. Gothic Revival style. Ashlar and brick dressings.
Chamfered plinth, dentillated string course, coped gables with
finials and kneelers. 3 ridge stacks. Cross gabled roof vent.
2 storeys, 13 bays wide by 8 bays deep. Square plan with central
courtyard. Windows are mullioned and plain casements. Gabled
dormers. North front has buttressed off-centre gatehouse and
projecting gable at each end. Gatehouse has billeted pointed
archway flanked to left by 7 and to right by 4 casements. Above,
central casement flanked by 5 slit casements and beyond, single
casements. Above again, clock with gabled canopy on brackets.
East side has double gable to right. Regular fenestration with 9
casements, that in right gable being larger. Above, 3 C20 gabled
dormers. Main gable to right has large casement flanked by
single smaller casements. West side has 10 casements and to
right, external flue. Above, flue has a round window, flanked by
single gables. South side, extended and rebuilt 1985, has 9
garage doors. At each end a gable with a pointed casement.
Courtyard has to north, gabled gatehouse with chamfered archway.
to its right, extruded 2 storey square tower with square
pyramidal bell turret. To left, 2 doors flanked to left by
triple lancet and to right by a casement. To right, 4 casements.
Beyond, a door and a casement. Above, gatehouse has hipped
square oriel on brackets, and above it clock with gabled canopy.
To left, 2 dormers and 2 casements. To right, slit casement with
5 pigeonholes above it. Beyond, 2 dormers. East side has 3
doors alternating with 7 casements. Above, gable with casement,
and 2 dormers. West side has 4 altered carriage openinqs with 3
doors and 3 casements. Above, 3 dormers. South side has 12 C20
doors. This building is a detached part of the outbuildings of
Listing NGR: SK5692946593
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings