This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.774 / 51°46'26"N
Longitude: -1.6167 / 1°37'0"W
OS Eastings: 426543
OS Northings: 208441
OS Grid: SP265084
Mapcode National: GBR 5T9.L44
Mapcode Global: VHBZZ.XNPX
Plus Code: 9C3WQ9FM+J8
Entry Name: Manor House
Listing Date: 12 September 1955
Last Amended: 1 March 1990
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1266168
English Heritage Legacy ID: 422324
Location: Shilton, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX18
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Shilton
Built-Up Area: Shilton
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Shilton
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP20NE Manor House
4/273 (previously listed as
12.9.55 Shilton House).
Manor House. Dated F K K (Knapp family).
Coursed rubble, ashlar quoins and dressings, Cotswold stone roof. Late
example of traditional gabled C17 style. 2 storeys and attic; continuous
string over ground and first floor from which hang the drip returns
framing the windows. 2:1:2 bays; cross mullion windows with edge chamfers
(mullions only to attic and to ground-floor left-hand windows).
Projecting gabled tower porch and 2 attic gables with ball finials to
coped verges. Ashlar end chimneys. Central mid-cl9 doorway. Interior:
well stair with short landing flights, heavy turned balusters, ball-
finials, made hand-rail. Three Tudor-arch fireplaces, a good one on 1st
floor to west. Gabled stair-turret centre rear plus two dormer gables.
Victorian service wing with some matching details to North and angled bay
on ground floor.
Listing NGR: SP2654308441
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings