This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.9555 / 50°57'19"N
Longitude: -1.3786 / 1°22'43"W
OS Eastings: 443740
OS Northings: 117524
OS Grid: SU437175
Mapcode National: GBR 87B.08W
Mapcode Global: FRA 860L.6R2
Plus Code: 9C2WXJ4C+5H
Entry Name: Kitchen Garden Walls West of Numbers 1 and 2 Park Farm Cottages
Listing Date: 17 June 1996
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1268429
English Heritage Legacy ID: 461816
Location: Chilworth, Test Valley, Hampshire, SO50
District: Test Valley
Civil Parish: Chilworth
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: North Stoneham and Bassett St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Winchester
SU41NW STONEHAMLANE, Stoneharn Park
1765-0/8/10008 Kitchen Garden Walls west of Nos
1 and 2 Park Farm Cottages
Kitchen garden walls and loggia. Circa late C18 or early C19, the loggia added possibly in 1818 by Thomas Hopper. Red brick walls in English bond with brick coping and with brick pilasters on the outside, enclosing a large rectangular kitchen garden. On the south side, facing south, is a loggia built of ashlar of 2:1:2 bays with pilasters and an entablature, the centre bay has a doorway through to the garden, the flanking bays were open-fronted originally, but those on the right have been infilled with brick and on the left it is weatherboarded. The rear walls of the two bays are brick and semi-circular, the wall tops rebuilt in brick and the pitched roof clad in corrugated steel sheets; the parapet centre is raised and on top there is a weather-cock. A short section of the north wall of the garclen has fallen down. NOTE: Stoneham Park was remodelled in 1775 by Lancelot Brown for John Fleming and in 1818 the house was rebuilt for John Willis Fleming to the designs of Thomas Hopper.
Listing NGR: SU4163118136
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings