History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Parker Jervis Mausoleum in St Saviours Churchyard

A Grade II Listed Building in Stone Rural, Staffordshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.8842 / 52°53'3"N

Longitude: -2.1278 / 2°7'40"W

OS Eastings: 391498

OS Northings: 331869

OS Grid: SJ914318

Mapcode National: GBR 15Y.2W9

Mapcode Global: WHBDF.9R0R

Entry Name: Parker Jervis Mausoleum in St Saviours Churchyard

Listing Date: 16 May 2001

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1271503

English Heritage Legacy ID: 487587

Location: Stone Rural, Stafford, Staffordshire, ST15

County: Staffordshire

District: Stafford

Civil Parish: Stone Rural

Traditional County: Staffordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire

Church of England Parish: Aston St Saviour

Church of England Diocese: Lichfield

Find accommodation in
Stone

Listing Text

STONE

651-1/0/10007 Parker Jervis Mausoleum in St Saviours
14-MAY-01 Churchyard

GV II

Mausoleum. 1864; built by John Wood for the Parker Jervis family of Aston Hall. Hollington sandstone ashlar. Rectangular on plan. Walls have a pronounced batter with roll moulded cornice in the Doric style. Blocking course conceals flat roof of stone. Straight head doorway on short side with plain lintel and plank door with wrought-iron hinges. The mausoleum is sunk into the ground of the churchyard with roughly hewn sandstone retaining walls.
INTERIOR not inspected.
NOTE: The Parker Jervis mausoleum was erected at the expence of the Honourable Edward Swinfen Parker Jervis of Little Aston Hall and his son Edward John Parker Jervis of Aston House, Aston by Stone, and consecrated on 9th April 1864.


Listing NGR: SJ9149831869

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description

STONE

651-1/0/10007 Parker Jervis Mausoleum in St Saviours
14-MAY-01 Churchyard

GV II

Mausoleum. 1864; built by John Wood for the Parker Jervis family of Aston Hall. Hollington sandstone ashlar. Rectangular on plan. Walls have a pronounced batter with roll moulded cornice in the Doric style. Blocking course conceals flat roof of stone. Straight head doorway on short side with plain lintel and plank door with wrought-iron hinges. The mausoleum is sunk into the ground of the churchyard with roughly hewn sandstone retaining walls.
INTERIOR not inspected.
NOTE: The Parker Jervis mausoleum was erected at the expence of the Honourable Edward Swinfen Parker Jervis of Little Aston Hall and his son Edward John Parker Jervis of Aston House, Aston by Stone, and consecrated on 9th April 1864.


Listing NGR: SJ9149831869

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.